Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mnemonic Making Ability

After graduated from Instructional Technology UNY Graduate School, I found my touch on mnemonic making related to instructional subject.

One of them is the picture shown below:

I found the mnemonic when I wrote a guidebook of elearning, 9th of February 2011.

Blended learning concept itself arose when elearning became a common practice along with traditional classroom session in early 21st century.

I found the mnemonic when staring at pictures about "blended learning" found by Google. I saw three components interception Venn's Diagrams, fruits, and a blender. Suddenly, I got strong feeling that I can make the mnemonic of those three general components of blended learning. "Of course, blended learning can be associated with blended fruit juice!", the idea popped up in my mind. First of all I found APPLE easily ... but then I had to try hard to find two others.

It took a day to finalize the mnemonic. It felt like words was flying around me along with the pictures and my brain proceed the order and ... voila .. I found the mnemonic! It's so exciting to find a nice mnemonic that works well.

APPLE = Autonomous Personal Paced LEarning

CARROT = ColAboRative leaRning in Online environmenT

LEMON = LEctures in classrooM sessiON

I have other mnemonics but I think I have to keep it secret for my own good :)

No comments: