Saturday, September 29, 2012

England Journey Diary (2)

I went to London to attend my US visa interview appointment.

Uff, it is a long story thou. Well, I entered the US as dependent of my wife (which means my visa was F-2 visa). But then, I attend my doctorate program at Towson University. I have to change my visa status to F-1 visa, student visa, to be able to attend classes. At that time, I did not have any scholarship yet so I change my visa status "in-state" which means I did not go outside the US to gain my F-1 visa status. After several process (it took approximately three months) I got my F-1 visa status. But, the visa in my passport was still F-2 visa.

Then, I had to go to EE2012 conference in the UK on behalf of my office, September 18. I did not realize that I have to reapply for the visa once I go out the US. So I made visa interview appointment, and I got September 24. That is the background of how I got into London (and was stranded in the UK for 2 weeks).

***

In the UK, I stayed in my cousin's apartment on Newcastle. Apparently, I forgot to print my visa appointment when I departed to London using the train to King's Cross! And, I have to find a printing shop in London. Accompanied with my cousin (another one), I searched for printing shop, and I spent AN HOUR to find that place!

In case somebody needs to find an internet cafe and printing shop near King's Cross Station, London, here I give you the GoogleMap images:

And, here's the street view:

Hope this short and messy diary helps you :)

No comments: