Saturday, August 07, 2010

Mini Lab

Actually it is a storage room for household utensils. But I managed to rearrange stuffs, sold two old rice-cookers, and gained enough space to put test tubes, table balance and measuring cylinders. I cleaned a shelf as well to store chemical substances and other equipments (e.g.: mortar, scissors). The room is small and a bit stinky, but I mopped it well so it is not dusty (because I have severe dust allergic). And here it is: The Alchemist Mini Lab. Why it is named “the alchemist”? Did I identify myself as the alchemist? No. It was just a single word that suddenly popped up in my mind when I had to name the lab. But indeed, I like Coelho’s Alchemist.

tampak luar

I got nice lighting for the lab table from a tiny flashlight. The flashlight contains 9 white LEDs powered by 3 AAA batteries so it is bright enough to illuminate the table.

penerangan

There are notes on the right-side wall. The notes contains experiment list I want to do.

notes

And here it is, the close up view. Do you recognize the words under the lab’s name? Yes, it belongs to Rowling’s Harry Potter series. As long as I know, it means: “do not wake up the sleeping dragon”. Awkward eh?

close up

I hope this lab become a place where I can make miraculous experiment (or should I say scientific magic?) for children.

6 comments:

車輪眼 (O) said...

try this mas, a cool (n hot?) experiments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC-KOYQsIvU&feature=player_embedded#!

車輪眼 (O) said...

btw, your mini lab is nice ^^

Sode no Shirayuki said...

Some people may think it was "sodium acetate", but this can be done without chemicals. Put a bottle of very clean water - distilled water works best - in the freezer for a few hours. The temp of the water can drop below freezing without crystalizing. you can start the crystalization process by doing what he did, or you can do it by dropping a straw in, or sometimes even by merely tapping the side of the bottle with a spoon. [coolvr4, youtube]

ark said...

thx rip.

車輪眼 (O) said...

mas, blogmu ko gak kedetect google lagi ya? dulu aku cuma ketik namamu lgs metu, saiki kok gak? tok jadiin private po?

Arkhadi Pustaka said...

ora ki?? wah, nggak tau aku yg beginian.